Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 In Review


2013 had a lot of firsts for me. During this year I made my first quilt top that was larger than a baby quilt. I made my first coasters, lunch bags, and mug rugs. I also learned how to attach a zipper. It is the first time to have four quilt tops in my sewing basket. It has been such a blessed year for crafting. I started learning how to make my first quilt a little over a year ago, and I have to admit that sewing has changed my life. It has given me such a wonderful creative outlet, but it has also given me a way to express my love for people by making handmade presents. I am so grateful for being able to learn this craft. I am self taught from internet tutorials - so I am very so grateful for all who has taken time to create tutorials online. It has been such an amazing journey and I really look forward to continuing it in the new year.

There are a lot of unfinished projects in my basket - but I'm looking forward to 2014 of being a year of completion (hopefully) I'm excited to see these projects finished and to see where 2014 will take me.

Tonight I am excited to meet the new year with good food, good friends and brethren, and sparklers that we bought so I can set them off tonight. Having grown up in California where self fireworks and sparklers were always illegal, I look forward to setting off my small stash of sparklers that will welcome the new year.

Happy New Year to all! I hope all your goals for 2013 were accomplished and you start the new year were freshness and joy!

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment