Wednesday, May 6, 2015

A reason





There are so many reasons why I normally start projects. New fabric that just inspires. A promise. A need. Whatever the reason, I am always glad of it because it helps propel me forward.

The reason for the start of this project was a sad one. My dad texted me that my aunt (one of his two younger sisters) has stage four cancer. I am not particularly close with this aunt. But she reminds me so much of my dad that it broke my heart. She has his same quiet and slightly awkward nature. But still generous to a fault. These two speak more in actions than they do words.

Ross and I are hoping to be able to send her some shakeology (A shake that Ross' company sells which is a complete meal with dense nutrients) so that it might be able to help during her chemo sessions.  We are praying that it might help her keep her strength for the fight ahead.

But I digress.

My mom has been asking me for a king size quilt. I have been dreading to start this project because I have never quilted a quilt that large. I have managed to always put it off... there was always something else more pressing. Something else more inspiring.

But when I found out about my aunt, it made me realize that we only have so many days within a life to make those that we love feel loved. And oh how much I want to do a good job of it. That at the end of a day, those that I love can say that they felt loved by me.

So here we go. A new project started that was suppose to be started and has. Constantly I am reminded that our time here goes by so fast. I truly hope that I am making the most of each day given to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment