Friday, April 4, 2014

Early Morning Energy


Good morning! I woke up at 4:45 this morning with energy - and it felt so good to get up in the early morning hours! Before I was pregnant I woke up every morning at 5:30 for a warm cup of creamy coffee and some quiet time before getting into the morning routine of getting ready for work. Often times,  I was also able to get some hand stitching in. Ahhh those were my favorite times... sitting at the table and putting in a few stitches while listening to the world around me come alive. Hearing the birds wake up, the wind rustling the palm and coconut trees outside, and most especially, watching the sun come up over the water from my favorite windows in the house.


Clockwise: Last block to quilt on the Walker Wall Hanging, Big Breakfast (my local boy ended up adding a scoop of rice to his, very predictable), fresh warm biscuits cooked in my cast iron skillet (a recent birthday present), and a cup of creamy tazo awake tea with a view of the morning waking up.

I see why people call the second trimester the best - because you feel mostly like yourself. There are so many things that I want to get done and that I am excited to finally have energy to do. The last appliquéd block is being hand quilted in the Walker wall hanging and I am straining at the bit to finish this and bind this so I can move on with my life already! This project has been hanging over my head for three quarters of a year - because I couldn't in my right mind work and finish on my family project quilts while having this request weighing on me. Do you ever feel like this? Say "yes" to a request and then have it become more burden than blessing at times? I have a feeling though that when it is finished and sent to its new home, I will appreciate the time and effort that went into this - but honestly, with every burst of energy being so precious and scare, I covet the time put into projects.

Ahhh - but enough of that. The week has been busy with work, and I have two days off to rest and find a love for sewing again. I've been doing a lot of reading on my kindle the past week during the down hours after work. I love the fact that rereading books is such a pleasure and that I get to fall in love with characters already so beloved over and over again. (Also, can't complain about how economical it is to reread books!) I never pegged myself for a kindle girl. When I was little I dreamed of having a library like the one in Disney's Beauty and the Beast. You know, where she's hanging off ladders against the ceiling to floor bookshelves. Ahhh that was the dream I had. Little did I know that I would end up moving to the country - where there was no bookstore, and the few books I did have would end up growing mold due to the constant humidity that we get. ::insert sad face:: But, my saving grace has been my kindle. =)

Well - I better get going on my sewing before the energy boom disappears! =)

Happy Aloha Friday!
K.



No comments:

Post a Comment