Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 In Review


Last year's review I had four quilt tops that followed me into the new year. Three of those quilts were completed and gifted to family. The last of the four is being quilted by hand. In total, I completed five quilts this year. Five! I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't have the proof above me! This year was filled with quilts, placemats, and burp cloths. Lots and lots of burp cloths. =)

This year I got to experience crafting with my loved ones and the joy that it can bring about - not just in the finished product, but in the time spent crafting together. Wonderful! I was inspired by this amazing woman  and used this book and this book to get into the mindset and to look for projects that were kid and beginner friendly.

This year I also got to sew for my very own baby! Baby Liam was born in August and I was able to make this quilt for him and this crochet blanket. It is such an amazing and different feeling when crafting for your own child. Seeing my handmades being used to cuddle, comfort, and stimulate him have brought a fullness to my life that I wouldn't have thought possible.

My house is slowly filling up with handmade touches and it has made it even more cosy - and even more of an extension of us. I can't wait to see what this new year has in store for us. I'm looking forward to welcoming these new experiences with my family - most especially my sweet sweet baby boy Liam with arms wide open.

Happy New Years Everybody!
Aloha ~ Karisma


No comments:

Post a Comment