Thursday, June 26, 2014

Back From San Diego! Food Post!

Hello all! Sorry it's been so quiet on the blog. Ross and I were on the mainland visiting my family before the baby comes and now we are back. This isn't one of my usual posts, but I just wanted to take a moment to share some of the amazing food that we were able to eat and sample while we were there.  As mentioned - this is a food post... so if mouth watering San Diego food doesn't appeal...sorry! Not really... =)



My dad has the most fruitful apple tree... so of course I had to bake a pie! You can find the crunch top apple pie recipe here. Every time I've made it it's been a hit. So if you're looking for a pie recipe you have to try this one! =) 

Since my sister graduated with her masters, she wanted a fruit tart. So my dad and I drove to Hans and Harry's Bakery. I have to admit I was a bit flabbergasted. I have forgotten what it was like to have  made day of deserts all lined up like this in several shelves. There were three shelves and refrigerated shelves full of delicate tarts, puffs, danish, oooooh so many other lovely things. We don't have bakerys like this back home in Hawaii - so what a treat! =) 

Ahhh - if there was ever a pregnancy craving that has been so prominent - it has been an Inn and Out burger and fries. That's all I have wanted to eat during this pregnancy... I've scoured the Big Island looking for a burger that can compare and unfortunately I haven't found a substitute. =( So I have to wait for our yearly pilgrimage to my hometown for this wonderful taste. I must have dragged the family there a half dozen times during our visit there. =) 
I didn't want to give you a play by play of everything we ate - but here is a collage of lovelies that my pallet got to sample while we there on vacation. 

If you're ever in San Diego and you're hankering for yummies I must recommend the following places: 

Arigato in La Mesa  for Sushi (sorry! Could only find a Facebook link!) 
Gyu-Kaku for Japanese BBQ 
Phils BBQ (Must go! Ribs are amazing! Onion rings are my favorite!!)
Rakiraki Ramen & Tsukemen for amazing Ramen

Hmmm.... I'm just realizing that burgers and Japanese have been high on the eat list this trip. =)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment