Wednesday, June 4, 2014

For my sister



Happy Wednesday everyone! This set of six crochet coasters was intended for a mother's day present for my sister... but I had my heart set on finding a wooden bowl for them, and it just wasn't coming together until now. Either the bowl was too small, or too shallow... but now - with the perfect find, this present has come together just like I saw it in my head. Isn't it wonderful when that happens?

I'm so excited to be able to finally gift these to her. She doesn't have coasters in her house (to be honest I don't even know if she'd use them) but it is nice to know that they're there if her family or her guests wants one.

These are actually the same pattern for ones that I made for myself in aqua a month ago.


Now we both have a set on our homes... and that makes me feel a little closer to her somehow. Do you like the kitchen towel in the picture above? It was a present from one of my closest friends here on Big Island. She is an amazing crafter as well... she had actually bought the same fabrics that I had bought when we first moved into our house to make handmade touches. 


With these fabrics I made 
 the patchwork pillow with the appliquéd turtle for our living room... 
 our first set of coasters! 
and an unfinished project of six placemats... I ran out of fabric to back them with... so unfortunately they are still in the sewing basket... ::frown:: need to finish those! 

And now I can add my pretty kitchen towel to the mix, and it makes everything seem so nice and loved and handmade. That's the best kind of cozy feeling isn't it? 

Well I better get going - Happy crafting everyone! 
K. 

No comments:

Post a Comment