Monday, June 29, 2015

Oh the places we will go!

We have been busy taking Liam to a lot of places that I grew up going to. It has been such an amazing experience looking at my familiar haunts through his squeals and fat baby fist pumps. Oh sweet boy how I love you so! 


If you are ever in the San Diego area I must recommend going to Seaport Village. It is such a nice place for walking and shopping!


My sister also introduced us to the indoor playground, My Kids Club House. Liam had so much fun in this little place. He really enjoyed playing in the kitchen area.  My mind is already whirling for his second birthday in which I want to get him this and set up an area for some dramatic play. It is never too early to start planning right?!

When Ross and I were relaxing at the end of the day  I asked him what his favorite part of the day was.  He answered with this big smile on his face, "being able to play with Liam." Oh my heart! It's moments like this when I realize how blessed I am. This sweet man works so hard and gives up so much so that I can be home with our son. I hope that I never take the time that I have to play and to teach and to create with and for our son for granted. Thank you thank you thank you!


We were invited to our friend's annual neighborhood Summer Fun party and oh how they know how to party! There was BBQ and ice-cream and soda and fireworks. The smell of sunblock mixed with grass and tangy BBQ sauce perfumed the air as we visited on throw blankets and watched the kids play. Oh summer how I love you!


 The evenings have been devoted to working on this little sampler. It is so nice to be able to slow down and stitch and remember about the blessings of the day. And oh how many blessings there have been! Is there anything better than this little boy laughing, and family, and good food and familiar and loved places? Oh summer I hope you go on and on and on!



No comments:

Post a Comment