Saturday, September 14, 2013

Favorite Kind of Day

Today lined up to be a perfect kind of day... I hitched a ride with my husband to his jujitsu class. While he was helping out during the kids class I got to wander around my favorite thrift store.


For three spools of ribbon and a bit of elastic, I paid a grand total of :: drum roll :: thirty five cents!!! The 3 spools of ribbon were a quarter and the elastic was ten cents! I don't know of any other stores other than wonderful thrift stores where you can still buy things for less than a dollar! =) Made my heart happy.


Afterwards I walked over to the Farmers Market in our town. It is held every Saturday under the Banyan Tree.  All of the local farms come out and sell their yummy produce.  Also a lot of the local food vendors sell plate lunches. They have the yummiest spring rolls and lau lau. I had to be strong to walk away seeing as how we had a fridge full of left overs that needed to be consumed. Don't those carrots above look divine! I got a bundle of carrots, onions, lemons, and fresh ginger for the week. 




I've been working on a quilt and I was finally able to finish it day! I only had the binding left to do. While my husband was finishing up class I got about half of it done. The other half I was able to finish when we got home. This is my third baby quilt. The fabric for the blocks were 5 inch blocks that were in my scrap box. This is the first time I made a project where I didn't go shopping for new fabric!!! Isn't that an amazing feeling? Very budget friendly! I used fabric in my scrap box as well as fabric in my very small stash to make this baby quilt for my husband's cousin and his wife who are having their first baby. I used pearl cotton to hand quilt it. I love the effect of hand quilting. I'm excited to be able to give it to them tonight. We are heading down to Ross' (my husband) auntie's house for a cook out tonight. I hope they like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment