Sunday, October 18, 2015

The quiet parts


















The weekend seems to have flown by.  Many more activities in our lineup than I am use to, that's for sure.  It has left me feeling off and slightly anxious for the week to come. It's Sunday night and I don't feel ready.  Groceries not shopped for, the meal plan for the week not decided, last week's laundry that is following me into this week...

 ::sigh::

But Mondays come whether we are ready or not don't they?

Ross had work meetings all morning on Saturday so I asked him if we could carve out family time during the afternoon to just be home.  No other family, no friends, no other obligations - just the three of us.  The three of us playing together and separately, napping, eating, laughing.  Those parts of the day, the quiet everyday ones that we spend together - those are the moments that get me ready for the week.  Laundry. Meal plan writers block.  No food in the fridge.  Come what may.  We will roll with it and help each other and hopefully laugh through it.

Moments like this make me really appreciative of this space.  A place where I can focus on the happy.  Focus on the things that center me.  Like a new favorite muffin recipe, or Liam's currently favorite book that I have read at least twenty times over the past 48 hours, a coffee during a nap, a bit of stitching,  Liam's smile as he follows us from room to room saying: 'Haii... Haii."  Yes, his first word used in a conversational context is hi. How apropos for this little social boy of mine.

Here are to those quiet parts of the day and all of the craziness in between.

Have a wonderful week everybody.

Blessings.  

7 comments:

  1. So glad that you enjoyed your quiet family time together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your photos truly convey your appreciation for your quiet time at home with little Liam! :) Keep up the good work, Kris. You're my hero!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ate! Yay! Thank you so much for stopping by! Love you!

      Delete
  3. Are you a photographer? You have an excellent eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aren! No, I am not. Just a mom that loves to take pictures! But thank you!

      Delete