Thursday, October 17, 2013

Finished Coming Home quilt top!

working...working...
 The colors are pretty on the ironing board =) 
 Love watching Miyasaki films while I work =) 
 Ahhhh... happy moment. =) 


The Coming Home to Kuiipo quilt top is done!!!! Yaaaay! =) Do you remember what it was like when you finished your first large quilt top? Up till now I only made baby ones - three to be exact. But man - when that last stitch was put in on the sashing my heart was racing in excitement. =) I can't wait to show Ross when he gets home from work!

While we were eating dinner last night I asked Ross if he thought that it was too busy - he shook his head and said, "No. It's colorful and happy. Very Hawaiian." He usually doesn't give feedback other than a "good job", so I'm going to take his words to heart. The fact that he likes it makes me want to work extra hard at getting it ready for our bed. =) Oh boy though - I have a lot of hand quilting lined up  in the next year....  I want to stick to the traditional hawaiian hand quilting on this... after all the work on the needle turn applique, it would feel weird to try and quilt this on a machine. =)

The good thing about it is that I'll be able to visit with each memory as I hand quilt each section... I hope to tell the story here as I go... will you join me on the journey? ::smile::

Although I hope to put the quilt sandwich together - I don't think I will be able to start quilting it till the new year. There are other sewing projects on my table that need to be finished. ::sigh:: so I guess it will have to wait.

You want to know something funny? I started appliqueing the blocks in October of last year... I remember because that was when we got back from our Honeymoon to San Diego. How nice that I was able to finish the quilt top in the same month that I started it! Shall I try and be done by October of next year? =) I think that sounds reasonable right?

Till next time!
K.

No comments:

Post a Comment