Friday, October 11, 2013

The story of my blog's name


Do you know what an opihi is? I didn't know until I started dating Ross. It is actually a little sea creature that is found in abundance over here on the islands. So how does a little sea creature and I coincide? I'll tell you... 

I'm very affectionate by nature, and when I would see him I would just kinda latch onto his hand or his arm. He would laugh and tell me I was just like an opihi. When I asked him what that was, he said that it was a little sea creature that latched onto rocks and held on really tight. You had to use a knife to pry them away from the rock that they were holding on to. At first I didn't know how to respond to that, but since he said it in such an endearing way - I didn't mind much. 

Since our dating times - the name has kinda stuck. He calls me his "little opihi". =) 

When we were at the beach yesterday I took a picture of an opihi shell on a rock. Seeing these shells makes me happy. =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment